With Millions of websites out there, having the best Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is not only key to quality rankings but will also prevent you from being lumped with the trash when it comes to search engines weeding out the trash from the roses.
One of the best ways to answer the question of value and quality when it comes to website directories is checking the yes box with regards to the following questions:
● Is the directory asking for my business address, including location, phone number and a description of the business?
● Are there links back to the website?
● Will it drive the “right” kind of traffic to my website and business?
These basic questions pretty much sort out quality from quantity or valuable website directories from the many spam sites out there. Now let’s get into the nitty gritty details. If we have search engines, why do we need directories?
Link building and classification head up my list. Inbound links to your site are definitely beneficial when it comes to visibility and traffic. Additionally the small but key difference in their classification technique means that though they provide pretty much the same services as search engines, they classify it according to categories, making it more efficient, relevant and user friendly.
Benefits of using website directories:
● Indexing – Website directories help index your site by search engines. In the past we had to manually add in our URL, these days search engines find new sites via the many links out there. Quality ranking can be achieved in a matter of days instead of weeks or months.
● Increase in traffic – Depending on which directories you’re linked to, you can end up with substantial increases in visitor numbers on your site. While it’s true directories don’t hold as much power as they once did, the increase in numbers will also depend on your specific target and product or service.
● Improve your ranking – One thing we need to remember, incorporating SEO into the content does not mean your site will have a higher ranking especially if it’s a popular subject or topic i.e competition is not only on the sports field. You need incoming links to expand your network and popularity.
● Website directories can improve keyword significance for your site – Using the right keywords when submitting your site URL will significantly improve not only your search engine rankings but also the applicability and / or relevance of your site when it comes to those specific terms. Submissions for directory listings are reviewed by people not algorithms (like search engines) so you can be assured that should you end up in a popular directory, you will receive quality traffic. This positive note works in favour of building strong relations with quality clients and customers with the ultimate aim of building loyalty between both.
● Cost-Effective – When it comes to effective marketing for both the client (you) and the professional service (the directory in question), most directories offer a good business deal with free submissions. It’s a win-win situation where both parties gain something beneficial. You’re adding value to the directory and they, in turn, provide good exposure for your business.
From the above mentioned points, it’s definitely a marketing tool you can invest in. Check out these listings to find the right website directory for you and your business.