This is the South African Textile Industry Export Council (SATIEC) Website
- Apparel textiles
- Technical & Industrial textiles
- Home and lifestyle textiles
- Fabric; knitted, woven and non-woven
- Made-up home textiles
The South African textile industry and apparel, technical and home textile sub-sector are among the most established sectors of the South African manufacturing economy has gained international recognition for specialization. Based on our South Africa and Africa history we can meet your requirements for products that require something different.
The South African textile industry and value chains established on own source of cotton, wool, leading global supplier of mohair as well as leather and vegetable fibres.
SATIEC offers the following:
- It was established by the dti TISA, to be the voice of the textile sector to government and other institutions on export matters
- SATIEC is there to assist members to access and promote in international markets by motivating and facilitating the dti’s National Pavilions, Individual Exhibitor Participation at select exhibitions, Inward Buying and Outward Selling Missions.
- Through the web site it allows access to local manufacturers seeking information or searching for local suppliers. .
- Maintains a high public relations presence and standard for the textile industry and interested parties.
- SATIEC provides its members with leads and market information
- It provides a platform for members to network and develop input for industry sector strategies
- It facilitates export market entry for members, between sectors and all along the value chain
- It is a sustainable platform for SMME (small micro and medium enterprises) BEE (black economic enterprises) and WE (women enterprises) development and promotion a priority commitment in South Africa..